Must have at least one year of actual data center experience and one year working experience with most of the following:
1. Working with server operating systems: Windows 2008, Windows 2012, and Linux mainly: Centos, Debian, Fedora and Ubuntu.
2. Networking and server troubleshooting: bind IPs, lookup DNS information, run trace routes, utilizing RDP and SSH.
3. Experience with proper cable management.
4. Experience in troubleshooting server hardware.
5. Knowledge in setting up switches and basic firewall and VPN configurations.
6. Knowledge in VMWare, Cisco VLANs, PXE and SNMP.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen and submit to a Livescan screening (Secret/TS eligibility preferred)
• Must own your own vehicle
• On-call between the hours of 6:00PM-8:00AM
• Must be a fast learner
• Must be able to follow directions
• Must be thorough and attentive to details
• Must be an excellent problem solver
General Description Job Duties:
1. Building out and deploying servers (physical and virtual) including the installation of the operating system and configuring the operating system and any software to company standards or clients requests, and then racking and cabling if needed.
2. Data center monitoring using our online monitoring systems. Performing visual checks of all running systems during the work shift and reporting issues to admin and/or clients.
3. Maintaining records of all systems showing the location and key information of said system.
4. Troubleshooting company systems when an issue arises. Deciding what steps need to be taken in order to resolve the issue completely and then analyzing and documenting and making right decisions to prevent the issue from happening again.
5. Perform necessary software/hardware upgrades/replacements/add-ons as requested by the client or administrators.
6. Assist/escort clients with entry to their server physically by authenticating access via authorization checks. Requires excellent decision making and judgment making skills.
7. Assisting clients with troubleshooting technical issues whether it is software or hardware related.
8. Answering support phone line, respond to emails and support tickets from internal systems or clients regarding any technical issue.
9. Ensuring security levels are kept current at all times including physical access to the data center.
10. Making sure the data center(s) premises are kept clean and presentable to clients at all times.
11. Adding racks, servers, remote reboot devices, switches, pdu's, etc. (all necessary items) in order to deploy additional systems.
12. Sending/Receiving hardware shipment and RMAs. Maintain a proper inventory of company's hardware.